Heating & Plumbing Tips To Prepare Your Home for Holiday Entertaining
The holidays may have your home packed with visitors this holiday season, but ensure your home is ready by following these heating and plumbing tips:
Heating Tips for Entertaining
You’ve done everything to make your holiday guests comfortable, but you might get the cold shoulder if your home is chilly. Before they arrive, you should
- Check your filters. Dirty air filters can impede the flow of warm air in the home, resulting in uneven temperatures.
- Ensure your thermostat is set at the correct temperature. Your thermostat might need new batteries, or the wiring may be damaged. If your thermostat is not functioning properly, you may need to conduct a manufacturer reset to solve the issue.
- Request heating repair if your system is short-cycling. This happens when the system works excessively or in short spurts and can be caused by several issues. If left unaddressed, your system will work harder than it needs to, putting extra strain on the equipment.
Plumbing Tips for Entertaining
Nothing can bring a good time to a halt like a clogged toilet or broken garbage disposal. No one wants to deal with plumbing problems with a house full of guests. Get ready for holiday entertaining by preparing your plumbing:
- Take inventory of your toilets for leaks and deteriorated parts. Bathrooms are often the rooms that suffer the most wear and tear. Replacing components like the toilet flapper is fairly easy and inexpensive and can be one of the biggest reasons your toilet wastes water.
- Provide trash cans in each bathroom for easy disposal because toilet paper is the only thing that should go down your toilet. It’s also helpful to keep a plunger handy so that if a clog does happen, there’s a quick remedy to fix it without causing a guest to feel embarrassed.
- Use a sink strainer to protect your garbage disposal. Your guests may try to dump holiday food scraps and other things down your sink that shouldn’t go there. The sink strainer will catch what gets scraped off plates until you can take inventory of what might be headed to the disposal.
- Ensure proper sink drainage, especially if you have overnight guests. For a slow-draining sink, use half a cup of baking soda and half a cup of white vinegar to dislodge built-up residue in the pipe.
Keep Your Home in Top Shape With Neffsville Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services
Opening your doors to holiday guests this season will go even more smoothly if your plumbing and heating systems are up to the task.
Our experts at Neffsville Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Services can help keep your home full of holiday cheer with worry-free heating and plumbing services.
Contact us online to sign up for our Customer Care Program to ensure your systems are properly and professionally maintained. If your home needs an immediate repair, call us at (717) 625-1000 for same day services.